Alex was able to take one more flight with the man who trained him on his first deployment to Afghanistan. It was just a few days before he moved. Alex and Ryan were able to fly to the Logan area. Stan and I went to see them come in. Alex didn't know if they would be able to land, but Ryan was willing to do that. It was the first time we had been able to meet Ryan. I wanted to thank him for the training he had given Alex. There were times Alex wanted to do bodily harm to him, but he also knows that Ryan helped turn him into the pilot and man that he is now.
The Logan airport is really small, but the entire airport turned out for this. It is totally awesome! The video I took didn't come out. I wish everyone could see and hear the power behind this machine!
We are so pleased with our sons. They do really, really hard things, and remain good men.
As they flew away, there was a tiny helicopter that took off just before them. They radioed them and said that they were coming up behind them...they did, then angled sharply up. That would have been quite the thing to see from the little bubble the others were in. I'm sure they were glad it was peace time.....for them.
Alex will transfer now to a different bird and a different unit. They will love him....after awhile, they will know what kind of a man he is and be grateful.

2 comments:
Very cool! I'm glad you got such great pictures to share with us.
Wow! We would not want that bird flying to find us. It is great knowing the kind of wonderful soldiers we have in our military. We love'em.
Post a Comment