Wednesday, January 19, 2011

There's a first time for everything!

So....games have never been a part of our family....really. My dad and Majorie got this puzzle for us for Christmas a couple of years ago. It's been moved from shelf to shelf. I have to admit that except for helping the kids put 'BIG' piece puzzles together, I had never done it before. This Christmas we were sent another one. While Rachel and Endrit were here, we put it together (I use the word 'we' very loosely). Rachel and Endrit did a really good job and I contributed a little bit. But....I thought it was quite a bit of fun. I've heard that putting puzzles together helps your mind stay sharp...age is setting in. So I went from place to place until I found this puzzle from a couple of years ago. Stan and I put it together in four days!! That is a BIG woo hoo! Nicole came over yesterday and put together a little bit of it as well. You will see my quilting ruler to the left side. We needed a measurement so that we could see how tall it was. That helped a lot, we had it spread way too far apart.












Wa la! It is finished!!! Really quite an acomplishment, considering who put it together!!



3 comments:

Rachel said...

good job!

Jacalyn said...

I'm Rachel's Arkansan friend & she conned me into commenting that 'wa la' is actually 'voila.' It's all her fault!

The puzzle looks awesome!! :)

Anonymous said...

Once every 10 years we will do a puzzle. I too got the one out from Dad and Marjorie a year or so ago, and within an hour put it back in the box. It did not keep my mind alert, it made me want to commit murder. Good job. That is actually framable.