Sunday, April 17, 2011

Canyon Lands North and Dead Horse Point...

Stan and I had a wonderful long weekend vacation the end of March, first of April. On March 31, we were able to see several National Parks. I've traveled the road from Farmington, New Mexico, where I was raised to the Salt Lake, Utah area many times, but never had the time to "Stop and smell the roses", or rather visit the beauties of nature, along the way. We planned time that we could visit several places and then spend General Conference weekend with my dad and sisters in New Mexico. I don't think it could have been any better. The sun had been hidden for so long in Idaho, but we hit a perfect window for the drive. These pictures are taken from the Northern end of Canyon Lands National Park and Dead Horse Point State Park. I hope you enjoy them, but they are nothing to what we were able to see up close and personal.



I love the layers on layers of mountain ranges in the picture above.








We have always wanted to take "Stella" on a road trip. It was so much fun. At some points went far too fast! But you can't have a car like this and not test it at least once!

2 comments:

Gloria said...

Beautiful photos! I love that area of the state. Glad you and Stan had a chance to see it again.

Gloria

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a really good time.