We had a wonderful opportunity last Saturday, June 28 to go to the Boise Temple and see a really good friend from our mission be sealed to his wife. He was a young missionary from Omsk Russia we served with in Odessa Ukraine. We had had a couple of 'not so great' missionaries. We were promised that we would be sent a 'big happy Russian'. And he was and is that. We loved serving with him. He became one of the Assistants to the President before he went home. He, and those like him, are the future of the Church in Russia. He is amazing. His wife is beautiful. Her name is Ksusha. We were so happy to meet her.
The one other Ukrainian missionary able to attend was Tyler Miles. He and I share the same birthday on February 6. We had a zone conference on our birthday. I made us a birthday cake and used the only candles I could find, the long orthodox candles. I didn't even know it at the time, but the missionaries got a good laugh out of it. It was fun to see Tyler again. What great memories we have of Ukraine, and what wonderful friends we have that we never would have, if we hadn't gone on a mission.

The one other Ukrainian missionary able to attend was Tyler Miles. He and I share the same birthday on February 6. We had a zone conference on our birthday. I made us a birthday cake and used the only candles I could find, the long orthodox candles. I didn't even know it at the time, but the missionaries got a good laugh out of it. It was fun to see Tyler again. What great memories we have of Ukraine, and what wonderful friends we have that we never would have, if we hadn't gone on a mission.


1 comment:
Glad that you were able to travel to Boise for that event. This couple sure traveled a long distance to be sealed in the Boise temple. I am sure you all had a great time.
Post a Comment