This is one of the original sun stones from the first Nauvoo Temple. It is on display in Nauvoo, on loan from the Smithsonian Institute.
This is a statue of Joseph and Hyrum with the Mississippi in the background, they are facing the temple.
From Nauvoo we went and visited my brother Theodore's family...believe it or not, I didn't take any pictures there....and I should have, I'll lose my reputation!
From there we went to Winter Quarters, this is the beautiful temple that is there. We didn't know that this is the only Temple that is on the site of a graveyard. We walked around the graveyard for awhile. It's quite a heritage that we have.
This is depicting a burial at the corner of the graveyard.
Below is a handcart party. I truly cannot imagine crossing the U. S. in ANY of the ways the early Saints did. I pray that whatever challenges I have in my life, I will meet with the grace, determination, and faith that the early Saints did.
It was a wonderful vacation, we came home ready for 'whatever'. However, we didn't realize what the 'whatever' would be. It has been challenging, but, for the most part, really good!

1 comment:
Those are beautiful pictures! I wish I'd known you were so close. I would've crashed your vacation! Brooke lives in Omaha and I'm about 2 hours north in Iowa. Oh well. It looks like you had fun and got to see a lot of sights!
Post a Comment