Thursday, August 27, 2009

Deck....continuing.....


Rachel wanted updates on the deck. Not much to update. However, I am very proud of myself. Since Stan has so little time off work, when he started the deck he set temporary posts, and on most of the board he just put one screw in each end and one in the middle. I drilled holes for there to be 9 holes in each board. Stan was able to help set screws, but then I have finished them all. We set the one post together. I have dug the footings, measured the posts, put the stabilizer crosses on the posts, and set the ends on the posts that will be cemented into the ground. What you don't see is my BEET RED face, and hair plastered to my head...not a pretty picture! Stan and I will set the posts together, necessary for making sure they are balanced correctly and screwed to the deck (takes two), and set the cement!


This isn't a great picture, but I wanted to show how nicely the flowers grew in the planters. The small planter on the left went bad. I had watered it, then Stan did it again and it pretty much drowned the poor flowers. It DID look like the one on the right.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Thanks for the update. It is looking really good. I can't wait to see it. Endrit and I will most likely be down next weekend to have him help you with your computer.