Most of what was done today, you really can't see. We set lag bolts in all of the uprights to make sure they were totally secure.
These are the steps on the South end being built. We ran out of cement mix. We will pour the pad and footings for the uprights later. We will need to dig out the area for the pad. I will probably do the cement while Stan is at work.
The last tread being screwed on. Stan put the treads on while I measured and cut them. We are a great team. We've put a lot of things together over the years.
Stan pulled the forms on the pad, which we will reuse on the South end, we cleaned up the tools and called it a day. We had a meeting we needed to go to tonight.
This is what the boxes are that you see in the previous picture. We bought these at an end of season sale at Lowe's. The complete set was 75% off!!!! I love clearance sales. I had been in the day before and it was only 50% off. I wanted to show Stan the next day and they had just discounted it again!!! Glad I waited another day.

2 comments:
Wow! You are making so much progress. I hope you get plenty of pleasant evenings to enjoy it before the cold weather sets in.
Looks AWESOME!! I was totally going to buy that same set for out deck - then it was gone!
Post a Comment