So, if you really get to the bottom of what is recreation for Stan, it really just spells w-o-r-k. Especially if he is working on projects around the home and yard. Our house is really small with almost no closet space. We have talked about building a walk in closet to the North of our bedroom. With the building materials we purchased last year, not having the money to actually finish the garage that we really wanted, we built the deck and now a walk in closet. This is where Stan and I finished up on Friday evening after he got home from work. The floor was in place and leveled with temporary supports. Where the window is, there will be a door.
Bless Rachel's heart, she was recovering from having her tonsils taken out the prior week, but she helped as much as she could, not feeling well at all. She took most of the pictures.
For Endrit, it was a welcome break from breaking his brains with research. He's multi-talented, in SO many ways.
Alex, Brydie and the kids came up. Every time I moved the 'portable platform' Maclain and Bridger came a long for the ride. I think it was one of the highlights of their day. That evening we made a fire in the fire pit and had smores.
Rachel and Endrit had to leave for an appointment. But just before they left Alex and his family came and Richard came for the second time that day. Richard will be moving back East for under water welding school. Alex wanted to spend a little time with him, since it will be awhile before it will happen again.
This was the end of Saturday. Roof on and the West end sheeted. This is a large closet, inside dimintions 6'6" x 13'6".
Monday was my last day before surgery. We wanted to make the most of it. Stan and I really worked hard.
At the end of the day, we had the closet sheeted inside and out, the West wall of the ramp framed, and one section of the East wall up. The ramp has always been there, there is a ramp into the basement instead of stairs.
While I was in recovery at the hospital, Stan and Richard finished framing the ramp, got the roof on and sheeted, and were at this point when I got home. This is what it looked like at the end of the day on Tuesday.
On Wednesday Stan and Richard got the metal roofing on the closet and the ramp. Stan had to leave at this point.

3 comments:
WOW!! That looks AWESOME!
Your recreation tends to be what ours is. Fixing and building. But satisfying. Looks great and you are sooooooo lucky to have big guys around to help you from time to time. Did I miss something??? What is the ramp for to your closet????
Looks like you all had a good time.
My recreation is w-o-r-k as well. I sure would have enjoyed being on a vacation to have helped. For the time being I am to far away and extremely busy! One of these day I will be able to get out there and help.
Post a Comment