I started this quilt 7 years ago. I had only started piecing a couple of years before this. I told Stan that he could pick any quilt pattern he wanted, and I would make it for him. We were living in Williams, AZ at that time. After 9 months there, we moved back to Weston. After getting the unpacking done, I started on the quilt again. We had a cat that was very jealous of my sewing. There were a couple of times that, if I had fabric on the floor, she would pee on it. Well, one day, I had forgotten and put the blocks I had finished, and the cut out pieces on the floor (each piece had to be cut with scissors, no rotary cutter and mat). The pieces are SO small. Anyway, when I got home from work, Cassey had peed on the blocks and pieces. I wanted to kill her....slowly. I put everything in the washer and dryer. When it got out, there were literally 100's of pieces of tiny fabric that needed to be ironed and some had raveled. I just couldn't face ironing and 'fixing' to start sewing again. I stuffed it all in a plastic bag and put it away. This fall, I found that bag, and knowing how much time and effort I had already put into it, I pledged that I would finish it. On the last few blocks of the surrounding beige fabric, I literally had to piece small pieces together to get enough blocks. I would have liked to have enough fabric to make enough blocks to go all the way around one more time....but....it's done. I love you Stan....this proves it!
Saturday, December 19, 2009
My Labor of Love!
I started this quilt 7 years ago. I had only started piecing a couple of years before this. I told Stan that he could pick any quilt pattern he wanted, and I would make it for him. We were living in Williams, AZ at that time. After 9 months there, we moved back to Weston. After getting the unpacking done, I started on the quilt again. We had a cat that was very jealous of my sewing. There were a couple of times that, if I had fabric on the floor, she would pee on it. Well, one day, I had forgotten and put the blocks I had finished, and the cut out pieces on the floor (each piece had to be cut with scissors, no rotary cutter and mat). The pieces are SO small. Anyway, when I got home from work, Cassey had peed on the blocks and pieces. I wanted to kill her....slowly. I put everything in the washer and dryer. When it got out, there were literally 100's of pieces of tiny fabric that needed to be ironed and some had raveled. I just couldn't face ironing and 'fixing' to start sewing again. I stuffed it all in a plastic bag and put it away. This fall, I found that bag, and knowing how much time and effort I had already put into it, I pledged that I would finish it. On the last few blocks of the surrounding beige fabric, I literally had to piece small pieces together to get enough blocks. I would have liked to have enough fabric to make enough blocks to go all the way around one more time....but....it's done. I love you Stan....this proves it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I bet he will worship at your feet forever! Great job!
This is BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations on a job well done & the completion of a long-time project. Check out my blog for my latest short-time project. ~Mary
How beautiful! And what a testament to your perseverance. I laughed so hard about you wanting to kill the cat. Man, pets are destructive!! It looks like Stan has his creative side too! I love the new doors and closets. Good work you two!
Post a Comment