Last night we had a food storage class at the church. It was amazing! For information on a different kind of storage, eating what you really like, go to everythingunderthesunblog.blogspot.com.
We learned how to can BUTTER (above). It has a shelf life of 3 years.
We also learned how to can cheese, shelf life, indefinite, it just gets sharper. I canned, bottled, almost 5 lbs. of cheddar, 1 pound of swiss, the 2 half pints on the left, and a half pound of pepper jack. She had never done the pepper jack, so I'm experimenting. How fun is that!!! I will be defrosting some of the meat in my freezer and canning it. I've canned with the pressure canner, vegetables and beef stew, but not just meat. I'm excited!

2 comments:
Very cool. I would like to learn how to can cheese. You will need to let us know if it really tastes the same as it did before you canned it.
What would be a good price for butter? It is sooooo expensive. How about stick marjorine?
Post a Comment