Stan has wanted to clean out the barn ever since we moved here in 2003. Last Wednesday, the weather cleared up and the forecast said we were in for good weather for at least the next 10 days. On Friday, when he got home from work, he started. We now have a door set in the southwest corner.
He has taken almost everything out, except what you see in the back corner and is digging out the floor from years of 'stuff'.
The tractor can actually drive in to do the digging out! Those who know what it looked like will realize the feat this was.
The reason Stan needed to wait until good weather was knowing how much 'stuff' would need to be out in the weather until he could get the floor dug out and cleaned.
More piles. This is what remains of the building materials that we bought a year and a half ago. Stan has more projects invisioned. He is going to put a real dry wall ceiling in my quilt shop this winter. This shows lots of hours of work, and many more hours till completion. He is having to do it all alone because I'm not capable of helping him. It's great to see so much progress on our home and property in such a little amount of time.

4 comments:
Dang, that is clean. I remember all the junk you had in there when I came up in May. Can't believe it's been that long already. I love cleaning stuff out and organizing it, even though that's not always apparent from my apartment.
Wow! I have never seen it like that. It is looking good!
I love barns. I am jealous. Wish I had one. Looking good.
Good work, Stan!
Now you can come and clean out my garage...which will probably need a front end loader if I don't get to it soon!
Gloria
Post a Comment