
Harvest time is here! It seems like it takes are really long time between when you plant the seeds, or bedding plants, and when you can actually eat the produce. Then, it is sad to know that when the tomatoes are just beginning to ripen, it is time for the frosts to come and the season will end! Such is the cycle of life.
These are our beautiful tomatoes. We are watching the temperatures and covering them at night when the temperatures are lower. I have read somewhere that if you pull up the entire tomato plant and hang it upside down in a dark cool place, you can harvest your tomatoes for several months after the frost. I am going to try that this year.
This is what our asparagus patch ended up looking like. I think we will be able to harvest a few sprigs next spring, but the year after that we will be able to eat all we want.....maybe. We are going to plant another patch next spring. These are 20 year crops!!!

This is some of our harvest. We had watermelons, cantaloupes, zucchini, turnips, potatoes, onions, carrots, peppers, corn, and other things that are not shown. It is fun to eat what you grow. We have developed some opinions this year and will do things a little different next year. It has been quite a few years since we've had a garden, it has been a lot of fun.

2 comments:
Too bad I don't like spear grass. That crop is looking better and better every day.
Hi Stan and Deidra,
I have a hard time figuring out where to put these comments, but it looks like to me that you have had a great summer. Didn't know about any surgery, hope all it well. We love the mission. It is absolutely great.
Paul and Linda
Post a Comment