Yesterday Sara came to help me do apple pie filling. We picked the apples and put up 14 quarts. That should be plenty of pie and apple crisp for the year.
Tonight's low is tomorrow's high. It's supposed to be cold and rainy. After that,
it will go into hard freezes. Winter is on the way in Cache Valley.
Because of this, we decided we needed to harvest everything in the garden.
Since we live in Idaho, and potatoes are a major crop, a farmer here lets people
go through his fields to 'glean' what is left behind.
While I was 'gleaning', I thought a lot about the story of Ruth in the Bible.
A lot of the things that I was able to put up this year, came from the
generosity of others who had more than they could use; green beans, corn,
apples, plums, potatoes, beets, and winter squash. I am so grateful for those
who are willing to share, and for the bountiful harvest that made it possible
for them to share.
it will go into hard freezes. Winter is on the way in Cache Valley.
Because of this, we decided we needed to harvest everything in the garden.
Since we live in Idaho, and potatoes are a major crop, a farmer here lets people
go through his fields to 'glean' what is left behind.
While I was 'gleaning', I thought a lot about the story of Ruth in the Bible.
A lot of the things that I was able to put up this year, came from the
generosity of others who had more than they could use; green beans, corn,
apples, plums, potatoes, beets, and winter squash. I am so grateful for those
who are willing to share, and for the bountiful harvest that made it possible
for them to share.
This is what we picked out of the garden. I will can the ripe tomatoes, and wrap
the green ones in newspaper; they should be good until after Christmas.
The watermelon was DELICIOUS!!!!!
These last two weeks I have been so grateful for those who brought meals in,
came to visit and ask how I was doing, sent flowers and get well wishes, etc.
Life would be so much harder than it is without the help of friends and family.
THANK YOU ALL!
These last two weeks I have been so grateful for those who brought meals in,
came to visit and ask how I was doing, sent flowers and get well wishes, etc.
Life would be so much harder than it is without the help of friends and family.
THANK YOU ALL!

3 comments:
It looks like you decided to put up the railing all around the deck. I like it. I can't believe how much food is in all of those pictures! I might have to come up during fall break and take some home.
It does look great but I did not hear who was sick and why the meals were brought in?
Deidra, Awesome pictures. I can't find your email address, can you email me with it.
Thanks,
Amy
Post a Comment