I loved this tomato. It was the first one I picked when I started my harvest to bottle them. I call it my 'Intergalactic' Tomato. How many galaxies do you see?
I had never seen golden zucchini before this year. Stan found the seeds. They were planted far enough away from the green zucchini that they didn't cross pollinate. Beautiful to look at, delicious to eat!
I am a sucker for free produce, if it is free, I'll put it up. Sometimes I get a little carried away. Besides the 13 jars of tomatoes, all of the rest are plums. They were beautiful, large, purple plums. I juiced them for beautiful plum jelly and syrup. Some were made into jam, and some were just plums....and I was 'plum' tuckered out by the time it was finished. But I don't know much else that leaves me more satisfied than putting up my own food. It is so tangible, you can see what you have accomplished. Good endorphins!
Quilting does the same for me:)
I am going in for surgery on my right shoulder on Tuesday morning. I wanted to get as much done as possible, before I couldn't do much. I have neighbors who grew more green beans and corn than they could use. More free produce. I was able to freeze about 20 quarts each, give or take a couple of quarts. I thought it was all beautiful and wanted to share....and gloat! I would share with anyone who wants to come eat at my table, you are all welcome.

2 comments:
Awesome! I am so proud of you!
There is no greater feeling than being self sufficient.
Gloria
Beautiful and energetic. You for sure need that surgery now. I was consertative this year. Last year I went crazy. I agree with the endorphines thing. You can be soooo dog tired, but sooooo happy.
Love ya and good luck with your surgery.
Post a Comment