Tuesday, March 9, 2010

England's Temple Dress

On March 3, Katie and Michael were able to go before the Judge and finalize the adoption for England. I had asked if I could make England's dress for when they were sealed as a family. They said yes. So....this has been my current 'labor of love'.


I think it took me 2 hours just to pick out the fabric. It is a satin with ribbon sewn on it.


I always forget that I need to put the pictures in backwards of how I want them seen, so you are seeing them in the opposite way that I wanted to show them. This is the back.


This is the front. Because of tender mercies and great generosity, Stan and I will be able to be in the temple with them when they are sealed as a family. We are so excited.

5 comments:

Isaac said...

The dress looks beautiful. I am certain she will love it.

natalie said...

Just looking at these pics make me want to cry. she is a very loved little girl. The dress is beautiful. She will cheresh it forever.

Katie said...

England says, "That's adorabous!" (she means adorable). It is beautiful and we can't wait to see it in person.

Shelbee said...

You did an amazing job. The dress is beautiful! Just thinking of its purpose brought tears to my eyes. What a blessing for their family.

Anonymous said...

Wow...I have never had a dress that grand! What a wonderful occasion. Glad that you can be there. It will be very special for everyone. This year flew by. Cannot believe it.