Saturday, March 6, 2010

Our Fun....most people call work!



Yes, we are pressure canning outside, and yes, there is STILL snow on the ground. This IS Cache Valley.


We got a great deal on asparagus, through Bountiful Baskets, and we decided to can it!


How cool is that?! Seven quarts and 12 pints! All in under an hour! Our food storage is looking better and better!

I can't get rid of this picture, so you will see it twice, so, I will explain. We were able to get another pressure canner with a bonus Stan got at work. It processes 14 quarts at a time! When I do beans, or stew, I can prepare 21 quarts and process them all at the same time! The first time I did beans, it took from about 9 AM till 9:30 PM to get 21 quarts done. Since then, we hooked up our camp chef and the BTU's are so much higher than my stove, it goes SO much faster. But with 2 canners, it's amazing. We are so excited. This makes the process much less time consuming.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like to can too. I don't have pressure cookers but would love one. Where did you get the asparagus this time of year????

Anonymous said...

What is Bountiful Baskets? We can't get anything early around here.